Author Topic: DOUBLES CUP IV  (Read 752 times)

Offline rmdamantemagkag

Re: DOUBLES CUP IV
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2022, 10:12:10 PM »
site is back, we shall continue here for now.
also why is the format backwards can we not have this it kinda messes up management stuff thanks @marioandluigimemeteamasame

Offline dew

• long ago one gorgeous night, we let the stars go free
  • They Sing Paddy Joe, Paddy Joe
    • View Profile
    • My music has appeared in The Wire, fun fact
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2022, 08:17:31 PM »
so it seems that YPTMania went down bc Smonge fell asleep so hard he forgot to renew the site certificate lmao.

with that, i think the tournament can now officially take place here!

Here's the matches for the first set, in case they were not caught before. I made a tennis tournaments section for us to post our matches in bc that was not here before!

Let The Grames Begin, May The Best Tarnished Warriors WIN

« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 08:23:42 PM by dew »

Offline Gabiwoda

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2022, 10:52:35 AM »
MONEYLOADED
hello
"It's A Me, Mario!"
מעבר ההשפעה (1993)
https://c.tenor.com/q5jI6yWfG64AAAAC/michael-rosen.gif

Offline saper

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2022, 09:42:07 AM »

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2022, 10:02:34 PM »
signing up as replacement

Offline YooY

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2022, 09:49:53 PM »
money?
PINGAS

Offline nm41

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2022, 09:48:36 PM »
The biggest unanswered question is, where is the money?

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2022, 08:30:56 PM »
hello i would like to sign up as a re-place ment;i am ok with being assigned a random partner if i get in
i am laugamwing

Offline dew

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2022, 03:44:58 PM »
the staff can never satisfy everyone, and it feels a bit selfish to believe that they should by doing things like creating an entire second tournament for people lmao. that is a load of work that no one is comfortable with

anyone who wants to do their own unofficial competition and manage it for the whole duration is more than welcome to, as has always been allowed, but the staff has their work cut out for them already

Offline LopunGerts

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2022, 03:34:59 PM »
A different tournament along side this would be cool though I honestly believe it's probably a bit too much for the staff to handle. Perhaps a unofficial tourney can come by if it would happen but otherwise I think it's fine to stick with one tournament regardless.

For the people who are participating in the tourney have fun!

Offline metriod

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2022, 03:06:01 PM »

Similar to how it worked in the MVT2, we will be voting on a 1-to-10 Olympic scale. Just saying that you liked one match better than the other does not say very much. Instead, consider just how much more you enjoyed that match over the other. For vote counting, use the private message feature on Pinchbacks to send a message to system128 containing your scores for the entire set.

I'm wondering about this rule. Are we voting only for the whole match, or for individual teams separately?

You'll be scoring between the two teams in the match. 

Offline mapo

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2022, 02:42:25 PM »
Would it be possible to host two tournaments at the same time? They would both be short but at least more people can participate in tournaments if they really want to. Of course, have a rule where people cannot participate in both. They can join as a replacement for both but if they got in as a replacement for one of them, they are out of the replacement line for the other tournament.

If this is too much for now, I understand but maybe do this in the future?

Offline dew

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2022, 02:34:20 PM »
generally doubles cups are only three sets long for the purpose of steamlining, yes. its understandable a lot more ppl want to participate but that would be stretching the length of the event Way out, beyond most people's patience. with this we have essentially a perfect summer sized event

Offline mapo

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2022, 02:14:54 PM »
Pretty small roster here. I assume you want the event to be quick?

Offline Letycjusz S.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 01:25:29 PM »

Similar to how it worked in the MVT2, we will be voting on a 1-to-10 Olympic scale. Just saying that you liked one match better than the other does not say very much. Instead, consider just how much more you enjoyed that match over the other. For vote counting, use the private message feature on Pinchbacks to send a message to system128 containing your scores for the entire set.

I'm wondering about this rule. Are we voting only for the whole match, or for individual teams separately?

Tags: